THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You enjoy building relationships with a diverse group of people
- You have an upbeat and professional demeanor
- You are timely, great at prioritizing and multi-tasking
- You have strong communication skills
- You are highly motivated and a self-starter
- Have a service mentality
- You want to make an impact!
The Guest Service Manager (GSM) manages internal house operations and is the primary staff contact during their shift for guest families staying at the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Room. The GSM is responsible for maintaining a home-like and supportive environment, directing the work of volunteers while assuring that services and programs are provided in a manner consistent with current policies and procedures. The GSM works in coordination with hospital partner and helps ensure a positive program image and experience for guest families.
This is a non-exempt, part-time, hourly position. This position offers around 16-24 hours each week. The Ronald McDonald Family Room is staffed 8am-9pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Compassion, Communication and Listening Skills; Dependability; Interpersonal/Team Effectiveness; Demonstrate Objectivity, Fairness, Tact and Confidentiality; Problem Solving and Decision Making; Flexible; Able to Manage Multiple Tasks Simultaneously; Able to Manage a Diverse Group of People in a Fair and Consistent Manner
· Align with the culture of RMHC of Arkoma by demonstrating a commitment to our core values: Family, Community, Compassion, Excellence, and Flexibility.
· Provide an atmosphere of warmth and support by interacting with guests, meeting guests' needs, providing information, and by generally maintaining positive guest relations. Be an empathetic and understanding listener - but not a counselor to families.
· Maintain policies and procedures while keeping the Program Director aware of emergent situations.
· Represent RMHC and the hospital partner in a professional knowledgeable manner
· Report to scheduled shift in a timely and reliable manner
· Attend monthly team meetings
· Provide tours to first time guests or visitors
· Answer telephone and direct calls
· Respond to crisis situations and make sure guest families' needs are met while maintaining a safe environment.
· Assure timely and accurate data entry of all stakeholder information. Receive, organize, and report donations as they arrive.
· Maintain safety and security of premises. Maintain general upkeep of the House to ensure a clean, welcoming home for guests.
· Monitor inventory of household items, cleaning supplies and other necessary materials.
· Assist Program Director in gathering social media content, training of volunteers, outreaching for meal groups, and special programs as needed
· Offer resources to families serving as a liaison between hospital personnel, program guests and the community
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Ability to interact and have strong communication skills
· Strong recordkeeping and organizational skills
· Ability to anticipate issues before they happen and address them proactively
· Must be at least 18 years of age, participate in a TB Test, urine drug screen, antibody testing, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and background screening
· Subject to random drug testing
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
· Ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time